How to Install a Car Cover
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014
- Most car covers will have a “Front” tag either sewn or stamped to the front of the cover.Use this to determine the front and rear of your cover.
- Once you’ve identified the front of the cover, secure this area of the cover around the front bumper first, then pull the cover over the top of the vehicle and secure under the rear bumper last.
- If your custom cover has mirror pockets, be sure to place the cover over the side mirrors first before the ends of the cover are attached to the bumpers.
- If your vehicle does not have an antenna that can be removed or retract flush with your vehicle, you should have received an antenna patch.
- Apply the adhesive-backed antenna patch to where the antenna would hit the cover if it were installed and aligned properly.
- Punch a hole in the center of the patch with a sharp object so that your antenna now has a custom fit.
- Release both ends of the cover from under the bumpers.
- Fold up both sides onto the top of the vehicle into a long pile approximately 2 feet (60 cm) wide.
- Start at the front of the vehicle and fold the cover in three foot (1 meter) folds from the front to the back.
Feel free to reinforce the inside of your cover with duct tape for any areas that will be in direct contact with sharp places on your vehicle, such as a hood ornament. This ensures your auto cover will last as long as possible.
Video from How To: WATCH